Incredible how I only realize what I have painted after to have finished the work.
So many things passed by my mind yesterday and today, about regrets, people that must to be forgiven, insecurity or doubt about very personal things, the will to get rid of memory and all that happened in life……………….. I can’t believe this work express it so well. I was only painting.
I only started to paint this lower head that way because I thought it was a nice idea at first, a good position that could bring many possibilities later to improvise .
It is a hard position to paint a self-portrait. I had to be fast because it is very exhaustive.
One thing that makes me happy about this work is the lack of pictorial connection with the 20th century. It isn’t a modernist or contemporary work. It looks current and actual, but has more connections with classicism than with current art. I love this. I see more Italy of the 15th and 16th century… or 18th century on this than second half of 20th and contemporary art. Again, not my intention, I was only painting my thing living my life….. you know.
But if you have followed my posts you know as well how much I am resentful for have been brain washed since I was born to adore and worship modernist mentality as here in Sao Paulo this is the main academy and rule that must to be followed.Sometimes I really wish I could get rid of this. Sometimes I do.
- 12 cycling nutrition 'truths', analysed @BikeRadarpressed 3 days ago
- Watch Cole House’s Epic Finish at the Fat Bike Birkie bicycling.com/racing/cole-ho… via @bicyclingmagpressed 3 days ago
- Mountain bikers: do you know how hardcore you are? @BikeRadarpressed 3 days ago
- Video: The Fun/Suffer Divide - dirtragmag.com/video-the-funs…pressed 3 days ago
- Calibre Bossnut Evo first look @BikeRadar bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/artic…pressed 3 days ago